Let's Enjoy and Learn Together!
Let's Try Together!
Life Safety Learning Centers
The Life Safety Learning Center is the facility where you can experience earthquake shaking, smoke, initial firefighting, first aid, etc. in a tour style. There you can enhance your disaster preparedness with instructors. Visit the Life Safety Learning Center, and learn how to act calmly in emergencies.
Ikebukuro Life Safety Learning Center
- 2-37-8 Nishi Ikebukuro, Toshima-ku, Tokyo
- Closed Days:
- : the first and third Tuesdays and the following day of the third Tuesday of every month and the period from December 29 to January 3.
※Fridays: Open until 9:00 p.m.
Honjo Life Safety Learning Center
- 4-6-6 Yokokawa, Sumida-ku, Tokyo
- Closed Days:
- :Wednesdays, the third Thursday (If these days fall on national holidays, the Center will be closed on the following days.), and the period from December 29 to January 3.
Tachikawa Life Safety Learning Center
- 1156-1 Izumicho, Tachikawa-shi, Tokyo
- Closed Days:
- Thursdays. the third Friday (If these days fall on national holidays, the Center will be closed on the following days.), and the period from December 29 to January 3.
※Opening Hours of the Centers:9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Admission free.
※We accept walk-in appointments. Please be advised, however, that we may be unable to meet your request in some cases because of excessive reservations.
Reservation in advance is therefore recommended.
The Fire Museum exhibits the fire service history of old days: Edo era picture scrolls and nishikie (colored woodblock prints), Taisho era fire vehicles, the latest firefighting equipment, etc.
We offer in-house guided tours for adults and children from 1:45 p.m. They help you develop your knowledge about Japan' s fire service.
- 3-10 Yotsuya, Shinjuku-ku, Tokyo
(Get off at Yotsuya 3-chome Station on the Marunouchi Line.(Exit 2))
- Opening Hours:
- 9:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. (Admission free.)
- Closed Days:
- Mondays (If they fall on national holidays, the Museum will be closed on the following days.) and the period from December 29 to January 3.
(GRANTED)Trip Adviser Certificate of Excellence 2018
The TFD has the“ residents' consultation window" in the PR Section of the HQ, fire stations, fire station divisions, and fire station branches. We ask you for your opinions and requests.
Public Relations Section: Public Counseling Branch
- 03-3121-2111 ext.2325
Opening Hours: 8:30 p.m. to 5:15 p.m. on weekdays.
Closed Days:Weekends, national holidays, and the period from December 29 to January 3.
Disaster Infomation Guide
- Tama area
Fire Prevention（Fire Protection Management）Call Center
As an efficient work supporter, the Center answers the questions about training courses, fire/disaster protection manager appointment reporting, private fire brigade training, and so on.
(Weekdays: 9:00 a.m.−5:00 p.m.)
Fire Station Contact
- Administration Branch:
- Information on employment examinations
- Accounts Branch:Commission:
- Commission payment
●Fire Suppression Section
- Community Safety and Disaster Education Branch:
- Volunteer fire corps, TFD volunteers, Junior Fire Dept., fire drill application, guidance, earthquake safety. and home fire safety.
- Fire Suppression Branch:
- Fire-related conduct notification, road construction schedule reporting, and water supply suspension schedule reporting.
- Emergency Medical Service Branch:
- First-aid training course application, guidance, and ambulance service use proof.
- Equipment Branch:
- Inquiries about fire vehicles, equipment, etc.
●Fire Prevention Section
- Fire Protection Management Branch:
- Fire protection management/Fire protection plan notification, regular building inspection result reporting, private fire brigade training, and test/course application.
- Fire Prevention Branch:
- Fire protection equipment installation advice, building fire safety advice, building use reporting, and event schedule reporting.
- Fire Inspection Branch:
- Fire protection equipment check reporting and remodeling reporting.
- Hazardous Material Branch:
- Hazmat permission and fire loss certificate application.
●Fire Station Division and Fire Station Branch
The Divisions and the Branches may be unable to accept the above matters in some cases.
Prior consultation is therefore recommended.
TFD Website and Social Media
The TFD website offers disaster statistics and information about the lessons from past disasters, earthquake safety, injury/accident prevention, etc. in a timely manner.
Twitter and Facebook also send seasonal information on events and daily life accidents.
“Do I need an ambulance now?”…”Should I go to the hospital right now?” You may not be sure what to do. The Center’s EMS advice team (made up of doctors, nurses, former ambulance members, etc.) can help you any time.
The Center ensures both the quality of medical advice and smooth management in cooperation with the Tokyo Medical Association, EMS doctors, and the Bureau of Social Welfare and Public Health of Tokyo.
The Tokyo Private Ambulance Call Center Helps You When You Have No Access to the Hospital
The Center helps“ non-emergency” people got hospital, enter/leave the hospital, or change hospitals. Please call the Center when you have no access to the hospital.
The Center can inform you of paid transportation service: the private sector ambulance service (for bed-ridden and/or wheelchair people) or the support cab system.
VOLUNTEER FIRE CORPS...We Want You
Volunteer fire corps members are the part-time civil servants who turn out to disasters. They have their own regular job, but in an emergency they join fire station personnel for firefighting and rescue work. In addition, they give fire and disaster prevention guidance and first aid advice to community residents.
Various members, such as company employees, shop workers, students, housewives, protect their community.
- Who can join?
- ・At/over age 18 and in healthy condition
- ・Resident, worker or student in the local community
If you join…
When you join the volunteer fire corps, you can receive services at shops (stores, electrics stores, restaurants, beauty salons, supermarkets, etc.) registered in the support business.