It showcases the fire service history: Edo picture scrolls, nishikie colored woodblock prints, Taisho fire vehicles, and the state-of-the-art equipment. In- house guided tours, on the open days from 1:45pm for 30min, help visitors learn more about the fire service.
- 3-10 Yotsuya, Shinjuku-ku, Tokyo (Get off at Yotsuyasanchome St. on the Marunouchi Line.(Exit 2))
- 9:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. (Admission free)
- Mondays (If they fall on national holidays, the Museum will be closed on the following days.)
December 29 to January 3
Life Safety Learning Center
There you can experience earthquake shaking, smoke, firefighting, first aid, and so on to enhance your disaster preparedness with the instructor.
Ikebukuro Life Safety Learning Center
- 2-37-8 Nishi lkebukuro, Toshima-ku. Tokyo
- the first and third Tuesdays and the following day of the third Tuesday (If they fall on national
holidays, the Center will be closed on the following days.) /
Year-end & New Year holidays
- 5-minute walk from Ikebukuro St.
- Night tour course
Honjo Life Safety Learning Center
- 4-6-6 Yokokawa, Sumida-ku, Tokyo
- Wednesdays, the third Thursday (If these days fall on national holidays, the Center will be closed on the following days.) / Year-end & New Year holidays
- Brand-new quake simulator
- Urban flood & typhoon simulator
Tachikawa Life Safety Learning Center
- 1156-1 lzumicho, Tachikawa-shi, Tokyo
- Thursdays, the third Friday (If these days fall on national holidays, the Center will be closed on the following weekdays.) / Year-end & New Year holidays
- Kid’s zones & space
- Car parking
The TFD has the “residents' consultation window" to receive public opinions and requests.
It is placed in the HQ (PR Sec.), fire stations, fire station divisions, and fire station branches.
Public Relations Section:
Public Counseling Branch
Phone: 03-3121-2111 ext.2325
(8:30 p.m. to 5:15 p.m. on weekdays)
Closed: Weekends, national holidays, and the period from December 29 to January 3
Disaster lnformation Guide
23-ward area: 03-3212-2119
Tama area: 042-521-2119
Fire Station Contact
- Administration Branch
- Employment exam. information
- Accounts Branch
- Commission payment
●Fire Suppression Section
- Community Safety and Disaster Education Branch
- Volunteer fire corps, TFD volunteers, Boys & Girls Fire Club (BFC), fire drills, earthquake safety, and home fire safety
- Fire Suppression Branch
- Management of fire-related conduct notification, road construction schedule reporting, and water supply suspension schedule reporting, etc.
- Emergency Medical Service Branch
- First-aid training and ambulance service use proof
- Equipment Branch
- Inquiries about fire vehicles, equipment, etc.
●Fire Prevention Section
- Fire Protection Management Branch
- Fire protection management, fire protection plan notification management, regular building inspection & report system, private fire brigade training, and exam./course application
- Fire Prevention Branch
- Fire protection equipment advice, building fire safety advice, and management of building use reporting and event schedule reporting.
- Fire Inspection Branch
- Management of fire protection equipment check reporting and remodeling reporting
- Hazardous Material Branch
- Hazmat permission and fire loss certificate application
●Fire Station Division and Fire Station Branch
For efficient services, your prior consultation is recommended.
*Please check with your local fire service authorities.
Fire Service In Tokyo＜PDF＞